Brand TLD Market Briefs
Perspectives, Strategies and News
See how Brand Innovators are succeeding with their Brand TLDs. Brand TLD registries are inspiring exciting new brand innovation use cases. Whether you own your own registry or are still in evaluation mode, our Market Briefs will keep you abreast of Brand TLD deployment examples and best practices.
This Market Brief features a Brand TLD analysis of 68 brands showcased on Brand TLD dot News. In our research of these Brand TLDs we found:
- 3,920 second-level domains registered.
- 351 domains ‘in market‘ or indexed by Google.
- 4 use case types: redirect, dedicated presence, brand label home, and full transition.
- 29% of brands utilize more than one use case.
- 1 brand received our Gold Star, setting an example for a best practice Brand TLD deployment.
- Total new TLDs registered: Now over 10 million domains registered. WOW!.
- Total brand TLDs: 526 proprietary brand registry agreements are now signed.
- Early brand TLD Innovators: Apple, Sony, Google and several other brands launch initiatives with new TLD brand labels.
- Is your brand a Leader or a Follower? Risk and Reward: Social Proof first or Lead? Our CEO comments on the brand TLD innovation. PLUS – What is your .BrandIQ?
- New TLD Articles: Curated articles about the new TLDs from Tech Crunch, Yahoo Finance, Forbes etc.
- New TLD White Paper: A link to get the white paper. Educate your executives.
Market momentum is building with some of the world’s biggest brands including Barclays, General Motors and The Hunger Games innovating using new TLDs and mainstream media such as NBC News and Adweek reporting on the New TLD Era.
Topics covered are:
- Total New TLDs Registered
- New TLD Articles
- Line of Business TLDs
- Delegated TLDs
At Authentic Web, we focus on brand innovation in New Top Level Domain spaces. Our Market Momentum report highlights use cases deployed by major brands.Link to Brief