Domain Asset Portfolio and DNS Audits
Have you conducted a Domain/DNS Audit lately?
Take hundreds or thousands of domains. Spread them across different registrars, DNS services and IP addresses. Factor in 15-25 resource records in the zone per domain and you’ve got tens of thousands of endpoints.
Are you absolutely certain they’re all OK?
Wouldn’t be good to know?
An audit will confirm exposure that you need to action
Our Domain and DNS audit includes an APEX resource record examination. This typically reveals issues of larger zone file management problems which unaddressed, create increased security risk.
|REVIEW RISK||IMPACT||OCCURRENCE||TYPICAL FINDINGS|
|Registrars||Severe||75-100%||Variable. From 3-15 registrars.|
|DNS Services||Severe||90-100%||Variable. Typically, 3-5x the number of registrars.|
|HTTP 200s||Low||10-20%||Resolves OK. Inspect to ensure optimized destination.|
|HTTP 300s||Moderate||30-40%||Redirects. May be OK. Inspect. Generally intel gap.|
|HTTP 400-500s||Severe||40-50%||Lost traffic. Potential impact to digital performance & SEO.|
|DNSSEC/SPF/IPs||Severe||Majority||Weak security settings enforcement.|
What does this mean for your enterprise?
Most organizations trust security, IT and administrative teams to address risk by brute force and will. Policies and procedures exist but they are often manual, non-system based and insufficient to protect your business and customers. Examples of sophisticated enterprises suffering significant business impacts are all too common.
If you have issues here…
|YOU ARE EXPOSED
To these exploits and risks…
Your business risk exposure is…
|• Multiple Registrar Services
• Multiple DNS Services
• Http Response Inspections
• IP • DNSSEC • SPF
|• Domain Hijack and Interruption
• Domain Theft
• DNS Cache Poisoning
• Compromised network endpoints
• Customer fraud exploits
|• Unmanaged security exposures
• Emergency response agility risk
• Compliance in change management
• Increased Total Cost of Ownership
• Digital performance – Customer trust
- You instinctively know the business has DNS management gaps and security exposures
- You are not sure where or what to do about it
- Your network and IT security teams are already maxed out and likely not equipped
- You are not alone. We help enterprise teams GET and KEEP their DNS secure. It starts with an audit.