We keep this Cookies Policy under regular review. This Cookies Policy was last updated in June 2018.
WHAT IS A COOKIE
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. You may configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Please note, however, that disabling some cookies might affect your online experience and/or prevent you from taking full advantage of our site and some of its functionality. If you choose to restrict cookies you will have to provide certain information each time you visit our website and reset your preferences.
ADVANTAGES OF COOKIES
The advantages of cookies for you, as a user, are:
- Cookies can be deleted by the visitor.
- Cookies can be blocked by changing browser setting.
- Cookies cannot carry any threat to the visitor’s device.
- to keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket
- to take you through the registration process;
- to recognize you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log in each time);
- to obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- to carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content;
- to carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our services;
- to help us better understand our visitor and/or customer requirements and interests; and
- to make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
THE COOKIES WE USE AND FOR HOW LONG
We use the following types of cookies:
- Required Cookies: these cookies are required to enable us to provide you with secure login-details and to remember how far you are through the registration process and, once you are logged in, that you are actually logged in. We keep this type of cookie for however long you are on our site and/or logged in or, if idle, for 10 minutes.
- Functional Cookies: these are cookies to help us remember what you have signed up for and to make sure that the site looks consistent based on your preferences. We keep this cookie for however long you have an account with us and for 6 months thereafter.
- Advertising Cookies: these provide the ability to share pages with social networks, post comments, and to serve ads relevant to your interests. We keep this cookie for however long you have an account with us.
- Session Cookies (Non-Persistent Cookies): these are the cookies which exist only while the user is on a particular website. These cookies are deleted once the user exits the web page. We keep this cookie during the session.
- Persistent Cookies: these are the cookies which remain on your device for a longer period of time. They are used to recognise a return visitor as a unique user. If the visitor restricts persistent cookies, these cookies fail to gather any information about that visitor. We keep this cookie for however long you have an account with us or for 2 years whichever is longer.
- Performance Cookies: some of the cookies on our site collect information about how visitors use the site, for instance, which pages visitors go to most often and if they get error messages from pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and is therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how our site works. We keep this cookie for however long you have an account with us or for 2 years whichever is longer.
OUR NOTICE TO YOU
You can always change your cookie preferences or delete cookies altogether as discussed below.
Browser settings allow you to choose whether or not to accept cookies or limit certain cookies. You may wish to refer to this guide (How to Block Third-Party Cookies for Every Web Browser) for information on commonly used browsers. Please be aware that if cookies are disabled, not all features of the site may operate as intended.
Your mobile operating system may let you opt out from having your information collected or used for interest-based advertising on mobile devices. You should refer to the instructions provided by your mobile device’s manufacturer, but this functionality is usually available in the “Settings” section of your device. You can also stop us from collecting information through our applications by uninstalling our applications.
If you have any questions in relation to this policy please contact us at:
Data Protection Officer