DNS Security Risks: Legal and Technical Solutions
The Domain Name System (DNS) is the most used service on the internet. It is the foundational technology that makes the internet possible, delivering all digital experiences and online services. The DNS is a global public network – open to anyone from anywhere. DNS ubiquity and access, while useful, poses serious and growing security risks. Managing security of every domain throughout its lifecycle is a critical part of overall DNS security.
As digital transformation and cloudification grows and evolves, IT teams and corporate Legal Departments face challenges to GET and KEEP control over the expanding DNS attack surface.
We at Authentic Web are please to be collaborating with David Weslow at Wiley Reign LLP to discuss both the legal & technical risks and best practice solutions to protect your brand
David Weslow, Partner at Wiley Rein LLP, will discuss:
- How domain transfer rules are circumvented by bad actors.
- Legal risks that arise following the unauthorized transfer of a domain.
- Steps that can be taken to recover stolen domain names, including:
- Registrar Support
- ICANN Registrar Transfer Dispute Resolution Policy
- Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy / Legal actions
Peter LaMantia, CEO and Founder of Authentic Web Inc., will discuss:
- How enterprise domains and the DNS are exposed to security risks.
- Why it is difficult for IT teams to manage enterprise-wide DNS networks.
- How current domain and DNS change management fails to enforce compliance and security.
- The urgent need for organizations to rethink their legacy business processes.
David E. Weslow
Wiley Rein LLP
CEO and Founder
Authentic Web Inc.
This event is complimentary but advance registration is required. Can’t make the date? Register and we’ll send you the slides and recording after the webinar.
Please note, there will be no CLE credit offered.
Webinar instructions and materials will be distributed prior to the webinar. For more information, please email Abby Reyes at email@example.com.